Live Your Best Life with a little Financial Life Planning – Los Angeles Financial Planner David Rae outlines how.
Are you living your best life financially? We all have that friend who while dripping in designer duds never seems to have any money. Whether it’s new cars, Louis Vuitton Luggage, too much money spend on clothes I’m sure we all know someone who buys things they cannot afford. Doesn’t it always seem to be these folks who can’t ever seem to scrape together enough money to take a ‘real vacation’ or buy a house, just get off the hamster wheel of living paycheck to paycheck. Imagine what your friends could accomplish with just a hint of discipline, sound investment advice and perhaps a smidgen of delayed gratification (aka sacrifice)! After all what’s the point of buying Louis Vuitton luggage if it means you can’t afford to take the African Safari you are buying the luggage for in the first place. With a little financial planning guidance hopefully you can make smarter financial decisions over time, and live you best financial life. Planning by Los Angeles area CFP David Rae
I love helping people live their best lives with a little financial planning help. I strive to bring the most value to my clients when helping them move towards their financial goals. Many people often think this mean run around prognosticating about the markets, or trying to time the markets to get super human performance. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Returns are just one ingredient in a financial plan, there are six other values I think are even more important for me to help you live your best life.
The 6 values that a Trusted Fiduciary Financial Planner like myself bring to the table are as follows:
1) Live your best financial life planning tip :Simplification and Organization: I have found many people are just overwhelmed with everything they have going on in their lives. We are pulled in a million directions and a financial planner can help you simplify all of the craziness of your financial life, and help you stay organized and on top of all your financial obligations. My shopaholic has simplified and focused on what is important to her, and now with a little guidance is having an easier time staying on track for those financial goals.
2) Live your best financial life planning tip: Non-emotional Objectivity: I know you will just die if you don’t have that new __________(insert name of car, brand of clothing or whatever floats you boat), but I can guarantee you won’t actually die. A financial plan can help you avoid making emotional decisions about important money matters that can keep you from living your best life. I don’t really care where my clients spend their money as long as they are on track for their various financial goals.
Shopaholic didn’t die from Lack-of-Designer-Luggage-itis, but she did come dangerously close to lions on the safari.
3) Live your best financial life planning via Accountability: It’s not how much you make but how much you keep. A financial planner can help keep you accountable and on track for your various financial goals. I had nothing to do with it, but shopaholic knew that she would be accountable for her big splurge on luggage, and that thought alone helped her resist the temptation, and she was rewarded with a trip to Africa.
Side note, even if you can afford it I don’t recommend taking LV luggage on an African Safari.
4) Live your best financial life by Thinking of the Future, it will be here sooner than you think: We all know time flies, live for today and save for tomorrow. With a financial plan you can be proactive and anticipate the key transitions in your life, and not be blindsided when tomorrow becomes today. I want you to enjoy your life, and be prepared for the amazing things the future holds.
5) Live your best life with Knowledge: We will explore the specific education you may need to succeed in your financial life and to reach you various financial goals. Simply acknowledging the step that need to be taken to reach your financial goals will bring you one step closer to achieving them. If you have no idea where you are going how can you even expect to know when you’ve arrived.
6) Live your Best life with an On Going resource for anything financial: Having a relationship with a Trusted Fiduciary Financial Planner means you have someone to go to when life throws you a curve ball. Your situation will change over time, so will tax laws, employer benefits, insurance etc. Would you rather spend countless hours reading tax law legalese or take a trip to Europe. If you answered tax law and you aren’t an attorney or CPA- well good luck with that.
There is never a better time than today to get started on your path towards financial prosperity. Let a financial plan help guide your march forward, and a trusted fiduciary Certified Financial Planner™ encourage you along the way. The sooner you get started the sooner you can truly live your best life.
Live for Today and Plan for Tomorrow, Your Money Matters.
DAVID RAE, CFP®, AIF® is a Los Angeles-based financial planner with DRM Wealth Management, a regular contributor to Advocate Magazine, Huffington Post, Investopedia not to mention numerous TV appearance. He helps smart people across the USA get on track for their financial goals. For more information visit his website at Financial Life Planning Los Angeles by David Rae.